Sunday, May 20, 2007

What I'm reading

I found this link from Kabul Kabul: Spy of the Heart

And have been reading it periodically, it's really lovely.
Getting to know myself better on this journey, I was surprised to find that I wasn’t easily swayed by threats of violence, or even, as in this case, tales of it that could yet be true. I peered into my conscience to carefully examine this bravery, and concluded that I didn’t, in fact, possess the bravery that I had read or heard about, the bravery of myth. Rather I found that I had rediscovered a kind of deep trust in the rightness of things. It was really a trust that things need to be what they are, and this included my own life and my future.

3 comments:

Mohammad Fahim Khairy said...

Hello dear, Thanks for visiting my blog, best wishes,
Fahim

Davidson said...

Hi, sorry this isn't regarding the post exactly but more about your experiences in Kabul/Afg. I will be going there to work with an NGO and was wondering if I could ask you a few questions about your time there (I've been hunting down blogs from people there and getting input). Any comments or suggestions would really be appreciated!

Cheers

-Davidson
Natureboy a t gmail.com

Frida said...

I love that quote and want to follow your links to read more. But also need to get off this computer and onto the treadmill.

I'll be back for more - thanks for the signpost.

I'm growling about Malalai Joya's suspecsion from the WJ today. Grrrr