Sunday, May 20, 2007

What I'm reading

I found this link from Kabul Kabul: Spy of the Heart

And have been reading it periodically, it's really lovely.
Getting to know myself better on this journey, I was surprised to find that I wasn’t easily swayed by threats of violence, or even, as in this case, tales of it that could yet be true. I peered into my conscience to carefully examine this bravery, and concluded that I didn’t, in fact, possess the bravery that I had read or heard about, the bravery of myth. Rather I found that I had rediscovered a kind of deep trust in the rightness of things. It was really a trust that things need to be what they are, and this included my own life and my future.

3 comments:

Azar Balkhi said...

Hello dear, Thanks for visiting my blog, best wishes,
Fahim

Anonymous said...

Hi, sorry this isn't regarding the post exactly but more about your experiences in Kabul/Afg. I will be going there to work with an NGO and was wondering if I could ask you a few questions about your time there (I've been hunting down blogs from people there and getting input). Any comments or suggestions would really be appreciated!

Cheers

-Davidson
Natureboy a t gmail.com

Anonymous said...

I love that quote and want to follow your links to read more. But also need to get off this computer and onto the treadmill.

I'll be back for more - thanks for the signpost.

I'm growling about Malalai Joya's suspecsion from the WJ today. Grrrr